Letters

Books

Photographs

Ephemera

Post Cards
 

http://deborahlavoie.com/images/fborder.jpg

AUTHENTICITY

ALWAYS 100%

GUARANTEED

http://deborahlavoie.com/images/fborder.jpg

 

Major Credit Cards & PayPal Accepted

If you wish to send a Check or Money Order, Please contact me
via email

 

 http://deborahlavoie.com/images/dreamcreambk2.jpg

http://deborahlavoie.com/images/fborder.jpg
Londonderry Presbyterian Church [NH[

1855 - Board of Missions Certificate
Superb Steel Engraving

Signed by Jacob J. Janeway and G.W. Musgrave. for the contribution of 50.00.

 


CLICK TO ENLARGE

Measures 18.5" x 13.25"
Some dampstaining visible, altogether very presentable.
P.S. Duval, Lithographer, Phila.

PRICE: 95.00

Rev. Jacob J. Janeway was born in the city of New York, Nov. 1774. He pursued his academical studies in Columbia College, and graduated with distinguished honour in that institution. His theological education was conducted under the late venerable Dr. Livingston, so long the ornament of the Dutch Church in America. He was ordained in 1799, to the sacred ministry, and installed as an associate pastor with the Eev. Ashbel Green, D. D., over the Second Presbyterian Church in Philadelphia.

In 1818, he was chosen Moderator of the General Assembly, and for many years acted first as Chairman of the Committee of Missions, and afterward as President of the Board of Missions, an office which he filled at the time of his death. In 1813, he was elected a Director of the Theological Seminary at Princeton, an institution in the origin of which he took an active part, and continued through life one of its most faithful and important friends. He was elected Vice-President of the Board of Directors, and after the death of Dr. Green, was made President of the Board. He was elected a Trustee of the College of New Jersey, at Princeton, in 1813, and at different times served in that capacity thirty-three years. He continued to serve as Pastor of the Second Presbyterian Church in Philadelphia until 1828, when he was chosen by the General Assembly to fill the Chair of Didactic Theology in the Western Theological Seminary at Allegheny, Pennsylvania. After resigning that position he was called to the Pastoral office of the First Dutch Reformed Church in this city, in 1830, and in 1833 was made Vice-President of Rutgers College. After his resignation of that office, he devoted his time to the general service of the Church, labouring assiduously in the Boards of Foreign and Domestic Missions, and in the oversight of our Theological and Collegiate Institutions, and in the use of his pen as long as his strength lasted. The numerous offices to which he was elected by the choice of his brethren, and his long continuance in those offices, are proofs of the high estimation in which he was held.

 
 
More pages to come:

Under Construction

Check back 
for document inventory
 coming soon...
 
http://www.landryauctions.com/auctions/2008/0715/rwbline.gif
 Thank you for visiting!

http://www.landryauctions.com/auctions/2008/0715/rwbline.gif

  2011  DeborahLavoie.com
Designed by Deborah Lavoie